Bob Babbitt's Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum Stats
2890 Posts in 491 Topics by 376 Members
Latest Member: Rusty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Bob Babbitt's Forum  |  Welcome to Bob's Forum!  |  About Bob  |  Fender Bob Babbitt signature bass « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fender Bob Babbitt signature bass  (Read 49741 times)
david fitch

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

Steve, Nothing wrong with the M.I.M. Standards, I am just not crazy about the pickups in them. I own a couple of the Standards but I did switch the pups out. Dave
BassnforGod

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »

Hey Guys,

Bob turned me on to the  Sansamp Bass Driver years ago.  He told me it was the best way to control my sound.  I can take my sound anywhere I go and sound the same through any amp or pa system.  Now do not get me wrong, not all the amps are the same and some sound different, but with my Sansamp on the floor, I am in charge.  I just ask for or setup a clean feed and let my little black box do the rest.  During my studio time, the guys just love it.  Sound techs at live shows think it is great because they know how good my set up will be throughout the gig.  I love the way you step on it and the carpet can be ironed flat by the lowdown groove I can create with it.  To say I love it is an understatement.  I am thinking seriously about investing in the VT in the coming months.

Thanks and God Bless
Robert
george

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 07:07:29 AM »

Thanks for the help guys ...these things are a little more expensive up here ($270 for the bass driver and $340 for the step-up model) I saw both of them at Long & McQuade yesterday so after the Christmas shock I'll probably pick up the bass driver.

Thanks Again, God Bless
SRT80

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 02:23:10 AM »

Well NAMM is this week.  I wonder if we are gonna get anymore info on "The Babbitt" Bass???  8)

Steve

"I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more FUNK!"
george

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

t'would be nice.....I was over at the cousin's place last night..... he's got a GORGEOUS 66 P......(probably fr around the same time as Mr B's) but needless to say he ain't budgin'!!

so................COME ON FENDER
george

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

HELLOOO.....FENDER......STILL PATIENTLY WAITING!!!!

THROW US A BONE PLEASE!!!!
SRT80

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

Yea, but with that Fender price increase this year....ouch.  It could be a expensive one.  The MIM Fender PBass went from $449 - $629.  But I noticed musicians friends has them on sale for $549 right now.  I also noticed the 50's precision went from $699 to $839.

Hopefully we will find out something soon.  I know I made another post about givin' up the bass to go back to drums full time, but I still wanna have a descent bass to play around with.  So, I guess we'll see...

Steve

"I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more FUNK!"
george

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 11:52:27 AM »

Steve.....I wonder is it the economy that's slowing this deal down??? Maybe sales are slow and Fender's afraid to release any new stuff.....I know music stores up here in Canada seem to be thriving.....but who knows about the rest of the planet.

GBgb
george

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 09:36:31 PM »

Hey Guys

Picked up my sansamp last week and it's great....it even filters out 60 hz hum when recording.....thanks to all for the advice

GBgb
BassnforGod

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2009, 08:49:07 AM »

George,

"Ain't it neat".  I love mine.  Tried a VT, but I am just used to SansAmp.  When we played out last week, several local players were asking about it.  Even had a request to come to their studio to jam with them in the coming weeks.

Later
Robert
george

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »

Robert:

not only is it great for bass, it also tightens up an acoustic guitar.... I use an old Taylor for all of my church playing and the sansamp is way ahead of the preamp/DI that I have been using....I've also have an ancient Epi Triumph that has now become a usable guitar because of the sansamp

Thanks Again
GB/gb
george

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »

I've really got my hopes up for the BB signature to be introduced at the summer namm show!!! whaddya think Bob....throw us a bone??
BassnforGod

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »

Hey Bob,

I am with George, it would be great to find out that a new bass is coming to my home in the near future.  A brand new bass, I have only bought one of those in my lifetime, still have it too.  Any info from Fender?

Robert
toasterdude

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »

I am not a bass player but play guitar a bit. I was very happy tosee some Funk Bros custom warmoth guitars as I have had a custom warmoth tele built to house some Variax electronics. The only bass I currently own is a cheap Epiphone Thunderbird.

I spend so much on guitars and gear but if Fender makes a Babbitt Signature bass, I will find a way to buy one.
david fitch

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »

If you guys want to see a Fender Bob Babbitt Prototype P-Bass,go to youtube, and look for Bob Babbitt with Phil Jones Part 1,2 & 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea