Bob Babbitt's Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum Stats
2890 Posts in 491 Topics by 376 Members
Latest Member: Rusty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Bob Babbitt's Forum  |  Welcome to Bob's Forum!  |  Upcoming Events  |  Berks Jazz Festival concert « previous next »
Linked Events
  • Berks Jazz Festival: April 04, 2009
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Berks Jazz Festival concert  (Read 8310 times)
Admin
Administrator

« on: April 01, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »

Bob will be playing with the Soul Summit Band at the Berks Jazz Festival at the Scottish Rite Theater located in Redding, PA on Friday, April 3rd around 7 PM. The Soul Summit Band includes Jason Miles, Reggie Young, and Steve Ferrone. There will be guest singers, as well as Richard Elliot on Sax.
Mo-Fu Lori

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:44 AM »

THAT'S TOMORROW MAN....WISH WE COULD GET THIS INFO OUT A LITTLE SOONER....I'M SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THE AREA, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR BOB PLAY WITH THESE GUYS!

http://www.berksjazzfest.com/ticketedevents.htm

Jason Miles confesses, "I have long wanted to do a special concert or recording with both Reggie and Steve, who are not only great friends but amazing musicians. Reggie has played on some of my all time favorite songs like Dusty Springfield's 'Son of a Preacher Man,' 'Sweet Caroline,' Elvis Presley's 'Suspicious Minds' and Herbie Mann's 'Memphis Underground.' Steve Ferrone and I go back to our days together in NY doing sessions. He is truly one of the world's greatest drummers." He continues, "When the opportunity to present a major concert at The Berks Jazz Festival came about, I asked them to join me and then I thought of the legendary bassist Bob Babbitt and asked him if he would be a part of this unique concert to create the ultimate Rhythm section. They said yes and Soul Summit was born!"

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH.....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.djouls.com/greyboyallstars/images/Soul_Summit-Live_At_Berks_Jazz_Fest_b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.djouls.com/index.php/jason-miles-presents-soul-summit-live-at-berks-jazz-fest&usg=__1NSFKy2oiZZu-s0vXi0kFynxFe4=&h=223&w=250&sz=16&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=G0wOTlSl6YSpIM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJASON%2BMILES%2BSOUL%2BSUMMIT%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
Caleb

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »

...any information on how this gig went-review-please post.Thak you,Caleb
Mo-Fu Lori

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

NOTICED THE BABBIT LOGGED IN WHEN I PUT UP THE EDDIE WILLIS PICS...MAYBE HE CAN FILL US IN ON THE BERKS JAZZ FESTIVAL SHOW....HOPE IT WENT WELL BOB!
Bob Babbitt
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:08:59 AM »

Soul Summit Berk's Jazz Festival show was incredible! The band was a mixture of Soulful/Funk/Jazz players that played their hearts out for the people...The guest vocalist were females Nina Simones daughter, "Simone" and "Maysa"...They both sang a R&B Jazz style that had the people on the edges of their seats...
NY Guitarist Jeff Golub sang one of his originals and his guitar solos thoughout the show were fantastic! Two brothers, the "Soul Survivors" whose big hit "Expressway to You Heart" blew the roof of the theater....
Sax player Richard Elliott was on fire! Young Sax player Eric Holder will be a name you will hear in the future....
For me I loved it! The chance to play with Drummer, Steve Feronne (Tom Petty, Average White Band), Guitarist Reggie Young (Memphis/Nashville session player) and Keyboardist/Producer Jason Miles (Miles Davis, Luther Van Dross) gave me a chance to take my mind away from the sad events of the last month and let loose the feelings that were tied up inside of me...
There will be a CD and a DVD of the show in the future...I will keep you posted...Bob
Mo-Fu Lori

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »

Soul Summit Berk's Jazz Festival show was incredible!    gave me a chance to take my mind away from the sad events of the last month and let loose the feelings that were tied up inside of me...
Bob

GLAD TO HEAR THE MUSIC MADE YOU FEEL BETTER BOB!!
LONG LIVE THE FUNK BROTHERS!!
READY FOR A SHOW!
SRT80

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »

Bob, glad you had a great time and the show was a great event.  Lookin' forward to hearin' more on the cd/dvd.

Take care,
Steve

"I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more FUNK!"
LALA

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »

Hey Babbitt,

My husband and I had a GREAT TIME at the jazz fest! looking forward to more shows, you kicked MIGHTY A**!! haha!!

LALA =0)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea