Bob Babbitt's Forum
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2021, 09:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum Stats
2890 Posts in 491 Topics by 376 Members
Latest Member: Rusty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Bob Babbitt's Forum  |  Welcome to Bob's Forum!  |  General Motown Related Topics  |  Marvin Gaye doc ... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvin Gaye doc ...  (Read 4601 times)
Chip

« on: March 22, 2008, 01:31:53 AM »

Here is a link for a short documentary on some of the last video of Marvin Gaye in Belgium. Im not sure exactly how this fits on the bob babbitt site but here is how it fits for me. Ive always really loved Marvin Gaye. Growing up in the Muscle Shoals area of Alabama I have heard stories of the days past when the Muscle Shoals Sound was doing its own thing but, Motown really grabbed me like everyone else... a love that grew in different ways after I was handed David Ritz bio on Marvin Gaye. A Soul Divided is one of the best books I ever read and after reading it it got me more curious about Motown. So when the Shadows DVD came out I was all over it though at that time I didnt know anything about them. So its my appreciation for Marvin Gaye that led me to down the road to learning about The Funk Brothers. This video is a kinda rare I think and I have a copy of it but I have never seem anyone ever talk about it but I just found a link where someone has posted it online so ...for those interested ... I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.nivininthecrates.com/2008/03/marvin-gaye-in-belgium-documentary.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea