Hi Bob, nice to have the opportunity to get some 1st hand information about what's going on...
Phil talked about 30 tracks to be recorded...so why do we get only 18 of them? Or will there be something like a "Special Edition" to get the whole bunch of tracks? Which other songs were recorded?
· Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue) [The Temptations]
· Uptight (Everything's Alright) [Stevie Wonder]
· Blame It On The Sun [Stevie Wonder]
· Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer [Stevie Wonder]
· (Love Is Like A) Heat Wave [Martha And The Vandellas]
· In My Lonely Room [Martha And The Vandellas]
· Jimmy Mack [Martha And The Vandellas]
· Standing In The Shadows Of Love [The Four Tops]
· Something About You [The Four Tops]
· Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever [The Four Tops]
· Papa Was A Rolling Stone [The Temptations]
· Some Of Your Loving [Goffin-King Team / Dusty Springfield Track]
· Talking About My Baby [Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions]
· Do I Love You? [The Ronettes]
· Going To A Go-Go [Smokey Robinson & The Miracles]
· Love Is Here [The Surpremes]
· Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While) [Kim Weston]
· Going Back [Gerry Goffin/Carole King by Dusty Springfield]
Is it true that your playing had to be an exact recreation of the playing on the original recordings? No chance for some alternate arrangements?
Will the showcases in NYC be the only chance to see this programm/line up live? Any plans for showcases in europe? Or even a dress rehearsal in switzerland?
Do you know which horn section has been asked to perform the shows and who the backing singers are?
Will this program include anything else than the announced 18 tracks of the "Going Back" album? Maybe previous Motown covers of Phil?
Thanks & greetings from Germany